Description Regular Full-time, Paygrade 40, Salary DOE&Q
Responsible for the Campus Geographical Information Systems, combine social, economic and topographical data that is used for a variety of purposes, and manage dynamic, interactive drawings or maps for both internal and external use.
• Develop and implement strategy for smooth transition of mapping from Geography Dept.
• Develop standards for GIS deployment and use within the University
• Establish clear chain of communication and procedures for ordering maps
• Ensure timely implementation of GOS-related projects
• Develop consistent templates for deliverable (different types of maps)
• Coordinate web based maps with Communications & Information Services
• Build and maintain base map
• Incorporate data layers for Knoxville GIS
• Gather field measurements data
• Provide customized maps to Campus Customers
• Supervise student workers supporting these activities
• Audit/update data annually to ensure current information
• Perform complex cadastral and GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction and generation assignments; performs data research, investigation and verification; create and maintain files off digital pictures of streets and street problems for department use; code and digitized maps and geographical feature data into various layers; respond to request from the campus community for mapping data; respond to emergency mapping and information requests
• Prepare, plan, produce, maintain and update a variety of maps, drawings, plans and other graphic representations displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data; develop and maintain data layers, using GIS tools, CAD tools and relational databases (ESRI ArcGIS, Archibus, AutoCAD); perform detailed spatial analysis including notifications, buffering, and zone consolidation; manipulate images for electronic mapping
• Provide GIS-related technical guidance and assistance to project teams
• Investigate and implement new GIS applications
Qualifications Minimum/Required Qualifications:
The position requires strong problem solving, project management, analytical, organizational, time management, interpersonal, leadership and communications skills.
• Proficient in ArcGIS with AutoCAD Plug-In, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Cartography, Graphic Design, Management Sciences, Geology, Computer Sciences, Information Technology or Computer/Software Engineering.
• Five years of experience managing similar work
• A postgraduate GIS qualification may be considered in lieu of defined education or experience
Please apply with cover letter, resume and references.
Job Other Professional
Primary Location US-Tennessee-knoxville
Organization Fs Design
Job Posting Oct 27, 2014, 9:14:57 AM
Posted in employment, GIS Jobs Tagged with no tags